) - Yet
| ||Look up yet in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. |
Yet is a common English word that when used as a conjunction, is equivalent to "but" or "nevertheless".
However, used as an adverb, yet defines an action''s persistence in time. The word can define an action in the past, present or future:
- I have never yet been late.
- I yet stand.
- I will yet arrive.
- How many powerplay goals do you have yet?
Also, yet is a local dialect term in lowland Scotland and Cumbria for a gate.
Yet may also refer to:
- YET, the IATA airport code for Edson Airport, Alberta, Canada
- YET, Youth, Europe and Theatre project
- "Yet" (song) by the American band Exile
Tags:American, Canada, Europe, Scotland, Wikipedia