is a county in Gilan Province
. Talesh people are one of the oldest inhabitants of Caspian Sea
who have lived in Talesh area in old Persia
and present Iran, probably 3000 years even before the main Aryan migration.Talesh people live in Gilan
, and Azerbaijan
Republic and speak their own Talesh language.After Nader Shah
's death, the Talesh created their own state with their capital in Lankaran. (Wikipedia
) - Talesh
Talesh may refer to:Talesh, also called Tavalesh va Hashtpar (Persian: شهرستان تالش) is a county in Gilan Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Hashtpar. At the 2006 census, the county''s population was 179,499, in 42,949 families. The county is subdivided into four districts: the Central District, Asalem District, Haviq District, and Kargan Rud District. The county has five cities: Hashtpar, Lisar, Asalem, Chubar, and Haviq.
Talesh has mountainous wonderful areas, and its virgin and intact nature is a charming place for those eager of nature. Talesh is situated 105 km north-west of Rasht, on the south-west coast of the Caspian Sea. Talesh township, covering an area of 2373 square kilometers, ¼ of surface area of Gilan.
Knitting of socks and stockings, weaving of coarse wool blankets (jajim) are famous among different handicrafts of this township.
- Talysh people talesh has 300000 inhabitans
- Talesh, Iran, a city in Gilan Province, Iran
- Talesh County, an administrative subdivision of Gilan Province, Iran
- 1 Sites and historical monuments
- 2 History
- 3 Language
- 4 Race
- 5 Religion
- 6 External links
- 7 References
Sites and historical monuments
- Salsal village which goes back to Ismaeilieh era near Ghalehbin village located 15 km. from Talesh..
- White Mosque which dates from Seljukian era that situated at Hashtpar (Talesh) city .
- Agh-ev-lar region at a distance of 32 km of this city which is considered among the first grade tourist sites of the Iran.
- Asalem - Khalkhal road, and Laezeh countryside on the way to khalkhal .
- Beautiful coasts of Kissom
- Loomer waterfall
- Nasrollah Khan Sardar Amjad (Amidossaltaneh) Winter Quarters Castle - dates back to Qajar Era. It has eight sides.
- Nasrolah Khan Sardar Amjad (Amidossaltaneh) Summer Quarters Castle - in Aq Evlar Village.
- Three - Floor Tombs Around the Lighthouse (Atashkadeh) and Remnants of Mard Ali Bil.
- Aq Evlar Old Bath - located in a garden of Merian Village - built in Safavid Era ( 500 years ago).
- Talesh Natural Park - covering an area of 80 acres (320,000 m2).
- Soobatan Countryside.
Taleshan are, as archaeological studies show and archeologists say, one of the oldest inhabitants of Caspian Sea, have lived in Talesh land in old Persia and present Iran, even before Aryans migration. According to some researchers, Taleshan have been in this area 3000 years before the Aryan. Because of their light skin and blue eyes, good indications that they may be the Aryans aran Iran. There is a strong believes from scholars (of course the present Taleshian people have faith it) that the Kadousian are the ancestor of the today’s Taleshian. In the triumph of Babel by Datam with 20,000 dogfaces and 4000 cavalry men helped Kourosh''s army.
The land of Talesh was much bigger than what it is now. In old time the geographical areas of Taleshian people was more than 10,000 km² and at present Taleshan live in Gilan province, some cities in Ardabil province, some cities in Azarbaijan Reuablic.
Generally speaking, the land of Talesh has been divided in three regions: Gaskarat (Masaal, Taskoh, Shanderman, Rezvashar, Hashtpar, Asalem, Asttra ); Foumanat (Fouman, Masoleh, and Shaft); and Azarbijan Taleshian ( Lankaran and Tahjikestan). In Gaskarat, the majority of people speak Taleshi and/or Azeri, Farsi. In Foumanat, most speak Gilaki. Lastly, Azerbaijan Taleshian is trilingual, consisting of Taleshi, Azeri and Russian speakers.
Many believe that the Taleshan are the same Aryans, who later migrated to all over the Iran and India and Europe...Sir Arnold wilson wrote:
"Iran''s primary inhabitants generations still in Gilan in the forest areas near a sea (Caspian sea) could be found, these people by Aryan desert settled people expelled from their fatherland and this started 2000 years before Christ and lasted for centuries) Sir Arnold Wilson was talking about Taleshian. Land of old Aran which from past till now was the house of Taleshan, was in fact the place that Aryans migration started from many researchers know Kadousian or the ancestors of Taleshian as the old natives of present Iran before the Aryan immigration. Present Taleshian beside other Iranians have a sense of proud of being Iranian and Aryan and are one of the little Iranian communities that kept their pure and Aryan culture."
Taleshian people at present are Muslim (Sonah and Shieah). Most of the southern Taleshian are Shiah and most northern Taleshian are Sonah.
Tags:Aran, Ardabil, Ardebil, Asalem, Azarbaijan, Azerbaijan, Azeri, Caspian, Caspian Sea, Christ, Europe, Farsi, Fouman, Gilaki, Gilan, Gilan Province, India, Iran, Iranian, Khalkhal, Khan, Muslim, Nader Shah, Nasrollah, Persia, Persian, Qajar, Rasht, Russian, Safavid, Shah, Talesh, Wikipedia