Collective Iranian Culturebase
Alphabetic Index :
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Fouman is an agricultural city in the state of
Gilan in north
Iran. Fouman is gradually changing to a touristic city because of its natural attractions and geographical location. Fouman is located west of
Rasht and it's on the way to
Masouleh. Like many other cities in north Iran lots of tea and rice farmlands are seen around the city. The Foumani people are very friendly and they are famous for their kindness and hospitality. Probably the most famous icons of Fouman are:
* The Fouman Koloucheh which is a local cookie stuffed with walnut.
* The Historical Rood
Khan Castle which is a couple of miles to the forest. Headquarters of
Mirza Kouchak Khan
* The village of Masouleh which is a panoramic masterpiece of urban architecture
* K. Saberi (Golagha) A very famous satirist born in Fouman in 1941.
* Shivan Foumani, the famous contemporary
Iranian poet who wrote numerous folk songs in his native language of Gilaki. Shivan's songs were popular for their simplicity and his leftist views
See also items containing :Fouman
Related History Articles:
- Iran Asks Resumption Of Postal Flights
- New Additions To Municipality Law
- Warning From India About U.S.