) - Embellishment (Redirected from Embellished) For other uses, see Embellishment (disambiguation).
| ||This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2009) |
In sewing and crafts an embellishment is anything that adds design interest to the piece.
Common examples of embellishment in sewing and crafts
- embroidery, done either by machine or by hand
- piping made from either self-fabric, contrast fabric, or a simply a cord.
- trim (sewing)
- lace, either pre-made or home-made
- Fringe (trim)
Items that normally serve a function may also be used as embellishment. For example
- buttons can be placed anywhere on the piece
- zippers can be unzipped and be used as piping, or simply stitched on
- buckles can be placed anywhere on the piece
- grommets can be placed anywhere even when there is no cord is looped through them
- sequins can be placed anywhere
| ||This textile arts article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. |
| ||This decorative art–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. |