) - Cordon
A cordon is a line of people, military posts, or ships surrounding an area to close or guard it.
Cordon may also refer to:
- Cordon and search, a military operation
- Cordón Industrial (plural Cordones Industriales) is an organ of popular power, direct or workers democracy. Many of these organs of popular power were formed in Chile during the Popular Unity government between 1970-1973.
- A cordon (plant), the descriptive term for a particular style of pruning woody plants. Single plants can be pruned to have single or multiple cordons in a number of styles. Plants which are commonly pruned in this manner include grapes, peaches, and other stone fruits.
- In cricket, fielders can form what is termed the "slips cordon".
- It is also a cord or braid used as a fastening or ornament.
- Cordon is a commune of the Haute-Savoie département in France
- Cordon, Isabela, a municipality in the Philippines
- Cordon a village on the Isle of Arran
- Cordón is a neighbourhood (barrio) of Montevideo, Uruguay.
- In ceramic technology a cordon is a strip of clay added around the outside of a pot for decoration or to help with handling.
Tags:Chile, France, Philippines, Uruguay, Wikipedia