a native or inhabitant of the United States
. ▶a native or inhabitant of any of the countries of North, South, or Central America. (Wikipedia
) - American
| ||Look up American in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. |
See American (word) for analysis and history of the meanings in various contexts.
American(s) may refer to:
- Anything related to, or originating from, the United States of America
- Americans, citizens from that country
- A person of American ethnicity
- The indigenous peoples of the Americas
- A person or attribute of one of the nations of the Americas
- 1 Organizations
- 2 Sports teams
- 3 Vehicles
- 4 Other
- 5 See also
- American Airlines
- American Recordings, a record label, previously also known as "Def American"
- American University in Washington, D.C.
- Nashville Americans, an 1885-1886 minor league baseball team
- Boston Red Sox, a baseball team known from 1901 to 1907 as the "Boston Americans"
- New York Americans, an ice hockey team from 1925 to 1942
- Hartford Americans, a soccer team from 1927 to 1928
- New York Americans (soccer), a soccer team from 1931 to 1956
- Baltimore Americans, the name of two soccer teams, one from 1939 to 1942 and one from 1942 to 1948
- Pittsburgh Americans, an American football team from 1936 to 1937
- New York Yankees (1940 AFL), an American football team known as the "New York Americans" in 1941
- Uhrik Truckers, a soccer team known from 1941 to 1953 as the "Philadelphia Americans"
- Seattle Totems, an ice hockey team known from 1955 to 1958 as the "Seattle Americans"
- Brooklyn Nets, a basketball team known in the 1960s as the "New York Americans" and "New Jersey Americans"
- Chicago Americans, a soccer team in 1972
- New Jersey Americans (soccer), a soccer team from 1976 to 1979
- Miami Americans, a reincarnation of the New Jersey Americans in 1980
- Dallas Americans, a soccer team from 1983 to 1985
- Tri-City Americans, a junior ice hockey team
- Allen Americans, a minor league hockey team
- USS American, several ships of the US Navy
- American, 4-4-0 railway locomotive
- Automobiles made in United States:
- American (1899–1916):
- American (1899 automobile)
- American (1902 automobile)
- American (1911 automobile)
- American (1914 automobile)
- American (1916 automobile)
- Rambler American, from American Motors Corporation (1958–1969)
- American Motors Corporation
- List of U.S. cars for even more marques that start with the word American
- "American" (song), a song by Lana Del Rey
- American cheese
- American English
- American McGee, American game designer
Tags:1927, American, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Rey, US, United States, Washington, Wikipedia